Superintendent Search Now Underway
The School Board of Flagler County’s search for a new Superintendent of Schools is now underway with the help of the Florida School Boards Association. Board members have laid out the timeline, with a new Superintendent of Schools named by November 7, 2023, and a projected start date of January 1, 2024.
As part of the search process, community input is vital. An online Superintendent Search Survey is being conducted by the Florida School Boards Association based on the district’s approved guiding beliefs. All information collected from the survey will be used to build applications and prepare interview questions for candidates.
The survey is currently open to the public and will close on Friday, September 15, 2023.
Complete the Superintendent Search Survey.
Superintendent Search Information
All Superintendent search-related information, including the survey, can be found in the new Superintendent Search section of the Flagler Schools website. This section will be updated regularly throughout the search process and will provide important information including:
- Board Meetings: Stay informed about the progress of the search by accessing Board meeting calendars, agendas, videos, and summaries.
- Candidates: Meet the candidates for the Superintendent position, and review candidate documents, profiles, and interviews.
- Citizens Advisory Committee: Get involved in the selection of the Superintendent to ensure that the search process is inclusive and transparent.
- Our District: Learn more about how Flagler Schools empowers students and staff while enriching the Flagler County community.
- Survey: Provide your input using our Superintendent Search Public Survey, and review survey results as they become available.
- Timeline: Follow a timeline of the search process to stay updated on key meetings, milestones, and survey periods.
Visit the Superintendent Search section.