Flagler Community Education offers private, semi-private, and group swim lessons for children and adults. All lessons are held at the Belle Terre Swim & Racquet Club. Please visit the RevTrak registration website for specific program costs and start dates.
Children 6 Months–3 Years
Aquatots will be taught basic water skills such as floating, kicking, and paddling through fun water activities, games, and songs. Each child needs to have an accompanying adult in the water at all times.
Children 3–5 Years
Tadpoles will be introduced to water safety rules. Skills taught include floating, kicking, and paddling, as well as going underwater. Children need to be comfortable being in the water without an accompanying adult.
Children 5–7 Years
Group lesson for children who can display Tadpole skills. Minnows will learn to tread water, the freestyle stroke and the backstroke.
Children—No Age Requirement
Group lesson for children who can display Minnows skills and can swim the length of the pool. Class will emphasize stroke refinement and is designed to be an intermediate step toward competitive swimming.
Children and Adults
Individual private lessons for children and adults. Lessons will be based on the age and skill of the student. An adult must accompany children from six months to three years old in the pool.
Children and Adults
One instructor per two students. Students must be equal in ability and skills to take semi-private lessons.
The swim lesson registration process includes submittal of the Swim Lesson Registration form, and full payment of all applicable fees to Flagler Community Education. Completion of the registration process is required for each swim lesson participant prior to the program start date.
- Classes that do not meet the minimum participant requirement will be combined or canceled.
- Refunds will be issued if a class is canceled due to not meeting the minimum participant requirement.
- There are no refunds, prorated class fees, credits or rescheduling of sessions due to a student's inability to attend a scheduled session.
- 24-hour notice must be given if a participant cannot attend any session. If 24-hour notice is not given, the session will not be rescheduled.
- We reserve the right to cancel a session due to inclement weather, pool or equipment issues, or if a large event prohibits space for swim lessons; in which case the session will be rescheduled.
- All students will be tested at the first lesson to ensure proper level placement. We reserve the right to move students to their correct levels.
- Parents/Guardians are required to remain at the Belle Terre Swim & Racquet Club (BTSRC) during their child(ren)'s lessons.
- Swim diapers are required for non-toilet trained students.
- To swim after the scheduled session: students, parents/guardians and any other visitor accompanying them must pay the daily $4.00 per person admission fee.
- We advise that young children do not eat at least one hour before each lesson/session and use the restroom just prior to entering the pool.
- We advise that all swim lesson participants wear a sun-shirt and goggles.
- We advise all swim lesson participants bring water to drink during each lesson/session.